Re: [SLUG] New/old spam fighting idea

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:25:44 EDT

> Or is this just a bad idea altogether?
I always wondered why spammers couldn't just have an autoresponder...

My idea for spam was to have a sort of a passphrase that would be included
in the subject line (e.g. "[SLUG]", only specific to the recipient, not
the sender). Then, everyone who knows you can include your passphrase and
be whitelisted. Of course, the phrase can easily be sniffed from SMTP
traffic, but nothing's perfect.