[SLUG] New/old spam fighting idea

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 23:55:40 EDT

I'm interested in coming up with a hello-okay method of fighting spam.
(That's just my name for something else already in use, which may be
patented. I just _can't_ recall what it's called at the moment, but I'm
sure you can guess it. ;-). This idea would of course be roughly
analogous to the way a TCP/IP connection is made between two computers,
but done via email. And of course, the TCP/IP idea is the _sole_ source
of my inspiration for this idea. Really.

Anyone else interested in working on something like this? I'm thinking
python, but possibly C, given how slow anti-spam software runs. I don't
have the fetchmail-hacker level of email knowledge, so if someone knows
that kind of stuff, I might be interested in some assistance in that
area.

Or is this just a bad idea altogether?

Paul