Re: [SLUG] New/old spam fighting idea

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 01:51:54 EDT

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:43:27AM -0400, Derek Glidden wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2004, at 11:55 PM, Paul M Foster wrote:
> >
> >Or is this just a bad idea altogether?
> >

> Only in the sense that reinventing the wheel is usually not a good idea.
>
> There are so many of those, uh... things... that... I can't really...
> ummm, remember... that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to write a
> new one. Just find a good one you're happy with.

Problem is, there's only _one_ solution on Linux, according to
freshmeat, and I don't quite like the way it's implemented. And I'm
looking for a local solution, not one to run on an internet mail host.
My hosting company wants to charge $25/yr per email address to use this
type of solution, and I'm not keen on that either.

Paul