RE: [SLUG] Linksys

From: Pete S. (linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 12:18:48 EDT

Stretch that may not fit your situation, but something worth reading.
Article of Linux on Linksys. I have not personally tried, since I do not
have a Linksys device.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktips/story/0,24330,3659113,00.html

Times that I have configured a router and firewall senerio (using 2
devices), I have put the router on the WAN, and the firewall in the DMZ. If
you put the Linksys behind the SOB, you would use the SOB as the gateway for
the Linksys (since the Linksys is now part of your internal network). Much
of this depends upon the size/funtion of the network. If home or SOHO, you
could just use the BSD firewall. If small business (or larger)/experimental
network that will be hosting website(s), mail server, etc., then the Linksys
would come into the formula.
Pete