[SLUG] Engarde Linux - CD Mount Fails

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 14:47:21 EDT

Greetings fellow Sluggers!

I have a HP Pavillion 6635. It is a basic Celery 533 Intel box. 128 MB of
RAM, CD-ROM and Floppy, 10 GB Hard Drive.

I am attempting to load Engarde Linux Community edition V2. The installer
looks like the text version of the Red Hat Installer. I put the install
disk in the CD-ROM drive and boot and the install process gets to the
install gets up to a screen that says please put the Engarde CD in the
CD-ROM drive but it fails to mount.

If I go to a Bash Prompt#

/bin/mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hdc /cdrom

I get a "not a directory error."

The boot-up screen shows the CDROM as hdc (not hdb), so I don't think
that the use of hdc is the problem. (mounting /dev/hdb didn't work
either.)

When I use the CDROM on another computer, the cdrom is successfully
mounted and the install program continues.

Any Thoughts?