Re: [SLUG] sound

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 19:44:59 EDT

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Maurice Wilson wrote:

> Kwan Lowe wrote:
>
> >>I havent had any luck getting the sound working on the ASUS K8V Deluxe MB
> >>Running Fedora Core 1 (Yarrow) Everything else is working good.
> >>Nothing is Muted sound is turned up and I checked with another set of
> >>speakers?
> >>System seems to be seeing the hardware, I don't understand what I am seeing
> >>in the /etc/modules/config
> >>Does anyone have some ideas??
> >>

> >Have you tried using the i810 driver instead of the VIA one? Several of my
> >machines run better with the Intel drivers:
> >
> >Modify /etc/modules.conf
> >Change
> > alias sound-slot-0 via82cxxx_audio
> > alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
> >
> >Reload your sound modules:
> >
> > modprobe -r via82cxxx_audio
> > modprobe i810_audio
> >
> Understand the first part but not this
>
> modprobe -r via82cxxx_audio

"Unload the module via82cxxx_audio, and all its dependents."

> modprobe i810_audio

"Load the module i810_audio."

> Are these two commands you execute in a root terminal??

Yes; to load or unload modules, you have to be root.

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al