Re: [SLUG] A question of databases

From: Maureen (res1ydl9@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 01:08:12 EDT

Ronan Heffernan wrote:

>>> What I, and I feel that Ronan is probably of the same idea, would like
>>> to see is the raw datastream as it comes to your application, that is
>>> what we need to see in order to figure out how to best handle it. The
>>> screens are processed by your app. and would demand that screen scrapes
>>> be done and it gets messy. If you can get a copy of the data as it
>>> comes
>>> in to your app that would be what we want to see.
>>>

>> I'll see what I can do for you. Moe
>

> The alternative is that someone must re-type or cut-and-paste the lat
> and lon into another window :-(
>
> --ronan

Actually that was what the boss was saying. We would manually have to
go to another macine altogether and type in the lats and longs for an
acutal location. The software he was looking at is located on the web.
I believe its a subscription type thing but am not sure. I will get
more details at work Tuesday nite. I will definitely let you know how
he plans to implement it. Moe