[SLUG] automating bash password entry

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 15:54:18 EDT

To all the programming hero's, I have a bank of 50 redhat 8.0 animation
rendering machines that occasionally need to be restarted due to a loss
of connection to a samba share and a few other things. I've created a
simple shell script that ssh's into the farm boxes, and fires off the
restart command, but when I run the script, of course it asks for the
user password at each machine. after the password is entered, it runs
the rest of the script (i.e. the shutdown command) in the background and
proceeds to ask me for each and every password down the line. is there
a way to enter the password once at the beginning and store it as a
response to the rest of the machines? or just store it period and I'll
give the script root only privileges. it's lousy having to enter 50 of
the same password.

any help in the right direction is much appreciated.

thanks!!

Mike Branda