{SPAM?} Re: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Lindows?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 16:45:02 EDT

> Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware that Mr. Woodford was that
> forthcoming in producing tailored products. I'll certainly have to
> ask him what the cost would be for something like that.

He hasn't been promoting it yet -- and this is a service that is going
to be *very big* in Linux, and one that Novell and other biggies are
going to have a lot of trouble providing at a reasonable cost. Even
Xandros had trouble the one time they tried a 100+ desktop corporate
conversion. The way to do it successfully is to combine the talents of
the local close-to-the-company IT consultant with a small distro
publisher's development talent. Xandros tried to do it as a "parachute
in" thing without knowing enough about the customer's's needs....

> Question: Are you the Robin Miller of Newsforge?

It's possible. Or I might be the Roblimo who does the Slashdot
interviews. Or the Robin Miller who lives in a doublewide in Bradenton
and has a small sailboat. You never know who you'll run into on thse LUG
email lists.

- R