RE: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} Linspire aka Lindows now trying to make Apple Mad?

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:42:21 EDT

>>Sorry Windows is not a common term.

But it *is* a generic term. All the "Window Managers" like IBM's TopView,
DR's GEM, Apple's Lisa and MacOS, Xerox's Star and Smalltalk all opened
windows. Most programming languages like Borland's Pascal, C++, FORTH,
Lisp, et.al used the same term. I ever have Microsoft's own Windows 1.0
developer manual where they clearly use the term "windows" (small "w") as
the name of a u-know-what. The term "window" was in common use before there
was a Microsoft Windows.

I do not believe the courts should not validate Microsoft's trademark. It
was a common term they hijacked, and their own documents show they knew it
was a generic term. But I guess if you have enough money, you can find a
Judge missing a few clues.

Ken Elliott