{SPAM?} Re: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} Linspire aka Lindows now trying to make Apple Mad?

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 00:11:23 EDT

Windows is different than windows.

No one ever confused Windows with any other windowing OS.....

Yeah a operating system can have mutliple windows open, every since day one
gui oses. But Microsoft copyright is held on the name of the software not
what the software can do.

That would be like me starting up Rob's Coca Cola, and not except Coke to
come after me . Is coke really a kind of generic term to describe a
particluar type of soda yes. But at the same time it is copy righted and
disguishes it self from Pepsi and other colas.

Windows is a copyrighted name for a GUI OS with the ablility of multiple
windows.... Not any really different than every other gui os out there But
only one calls them self windows. It has become a word associated with
microsoft.

All this legal bs need to be taken care back in the windows 1.x and 2.x days
before it became a word forever tied to Microsoft.