Re: [SLUG] [OT] port redirection

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 19:23:48 EDT

(inline response)

On Friday 07 May 2004 06:15 pm, you wrote:
> As an example BoA is using the Internet for their ATMs!
>
> You'll notice if there's a Internet outage in your area your BoA ATM will
> not give you any money or do anything at all.

You're right, they shouldn't buy overpriced hardware, but I can't blame them
for going cheap on the type of connection their ATMs use. Also, BoA also
came out with true web-based account managements many years after their
competitors. A year and a half ago (and maybe still), they had to phone your
BoA branch in Oregon to initiate a transfer of money to your new Florida
branch account (no way to keep the old account). Not an exemplary
technology-consuming company by any means...