Re: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Emulators: QEMU, PearPC

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 00:53:29 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:

> Ian Blenke wrote:
>
>> PearPC is neat for those with PCs who simply want to know what all
>> the hooplah surrounding Macs is all about. Now you can run your own
>> virtual *modern* Mac (none of that Sheepshaver or other 68x00 OS8/9
>> pain).
>
> Hey I dont like your tone about Sheepshaver X86 builds .... Basilisk
> II and SHeep shaver are honorable programs that deserve your respect.
> Unlike PearPC that is amzazing but also amazingly slow..

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Running OS8/9 is the pain. Running a "real
Unix", emulated on another arch, with a quartz desktop, now that's just
neat.

Sheepshaver and Basilisk II work well if you need a 680x0 emulated arch.
Do either have an emulated MMU yet? UAE is fun as well (nothing like
having a nostalgic Workbench window up ;)

 - Ian