Re: [SLUG] "unresolved symbols" when compiling VMware's modules

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 16:33:12 EDT

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 15:34, Eben King wrote:

> > What distro are you running?
>
> Redhat 8.
>
> > On some (Fedora, RedHat, possibly Mandrake) you need to use the GCC 3.2
> > compilers instead.
>
> Got it, it seems:
>
> [eben@pc eben]$ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

Hmm.. In VMWare 2.x, or thereabouts, there were some patches that you
needed to get it to build correctly. If you check the knowledge base on
the vmware site there are some links to update packages. More than
likely they will fix the problems you're experiencing.

BTW, I'm going to be purchasing the 4.5 version soon. They've lowered
their prices and it's now under $200. They also have some sort of user
group discount. Don't have the link handy but a google search for linux
user group and vmware should turn it up.