Re: [SLUG] MIDAS frontend for Snort.... Apache MySql PHP headache

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 10:43:13 EDT

> upon Apache, PHP and MySQL. for those who are database webserver
> savvy, that's probably a walk in the park. I'm lost. I'm not sure
> if it needs Apache or Apache2, I can't seem to find the php-mysql
> connector for SuSE 9.0 that is a dependency, do I have to fully
> configure all three Apache, PHP, MySQL as if they were going to be
> used as a database webserver before moving on?? anybody try any of
> this yet??

Since you're using SuSE, mod_php4 and mod_php4 already have
everything you need for MySQL. Below is from a SLES8 box, but
I'd be very surprised if SuSE 9 didn't show something similar:

~> rpm -ql mod_php4-core|grep -i mysql
/usr/share/php/DB/mysql.php
~> ldd `which php` |grep -i mysql
        libmysqlclient.so.10 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10 (0x405a2000)

Though I think SuSE 9 uses apache2 and the php rpms start with
apache2-.

In any case, you should be good to go. I've never used MIDAS,
but I doubt version of apache should matter. The one that might
bite you is the version of PHP :). The install doc should have
something like a "PHP version XX or higher" near the start.
~ Daniel

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!