{SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} Debian-Sarge - Help

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 20:53:34 EDT

Levi Bard wrote:

>> But really... Its not that big a deal to me. I compile whatever I
>> need against
>> whatever libs the system has installed. They do not need to be replaced
>> because I'm building from source... not installing prebuilt binaries
>> compiled
>> against libs I don't have on the system.
>>
>> Automake and autoconf my friend ;-)
>

> Some applications require specific versions of libraries. For
> example, Gnucash (or at least it used to). So, if half the libraries
> on your system aren't bleeding-edge, then you have to rebuild half
> the libraries on your system.

Time to debunk so many stupid myths.... Very unusual these days with
slack to have libaries out of date.....

also with programs like
Swaret
Slapt-get
and the list go on with orginal programs nad variations of Apt-get that
updateing libaries with Dependency checking easily done. Personally
Slackware is pretty up to date with it libaries. No it does not use
unstable beta version unlike other distros I seen ( not necessary debian
but others)

I ran the debian xconfig program by running dpkg whatever still
notwroking right where I am using exact values that I have always used
with other distros in virtual pc. very wierd problem I am having with
it.