Re: [SLUG] Just joined the list....

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 00:08:58 EDT

> I just joined the list today and I am really confused. What are you
talking about? I don't get the stuff about twinkie cannons, how to laugh
in text, C&B, and nutters? Nobody made any mention of this stuff at the
meetings I went to.

> Are these new projects on Source Forge that I have not been keeping up
with? ;)

> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Aw, Heck and Gosh Darn It. Steve, all the talk about twinkie cannons,
nutters etc was supposed to be unleashed the day AFTER you joined the
list. Obviously someone's calendar was set to Indian time (UTC + 5-1/2)
when it should have been on EDT (UTC - 4). That person will be severely
dealt with.

Probably by being sent to work in a MS help desk in Bangalore, India
so that his clocks will then be accurate. He, a Linux devotee, will be
sentenced to having to explain MS software problems for eternity.

On the other hand, the C&B is nothing more than the Cock and Bull pub
on Cattlemen Road in Sarasota. Some of the Sarasota people meet
there and talk about many things, even including Linux. These meetups
are a lot of fun and I have been to a couple of them. The beer selection
is outstanding.

But if you do show up and are assaulted by twinkie cannon fire, don't be
alarmed. :-) (tip: It has never happened to ME ...)

Bob