{SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] copy and paste

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 12:14:07 EDT

On Friday 28 May 2004 11:33, Ronan Heffernan wrote:
> mrock wrote:
> >Unfortunately, I cannot test here at work. I will try tonight using
> >mozilla instead of Ximian. I suppose that might work better.
> >
> >I tried everything, mouse clicks, menu bar and ctrl sequences. Nothing.
>
> I have had similar problems (esp. with Mozilla, OpenOffice, and
> KOrganzier). It almost seems that some programs maintain their own
> clipboards???

This is probable a correct assessment. I believe that if an approbate
clipboard for Open Office is open then Open Office uses it but f Open Office
does not detect that an approbate clipboard exist as it would not if Open
Office were open first but that may not be the only reason then Open Office
opens its own clipboard which then does not allow cut and past to other
programs.

One tool that really helps this situation is 'klipper'