Re: [SLUG] copy and paste

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronanh@auctionsolutions.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 11:33:41 EDT

mrock wrote:

>Unfortunately, I cannot test here at work. I will try tonight using
>mozilla instead of Ximian. I suppose that might work better.
>
>I tried everything, mouse clicks, menu bar and ctrl sequences. Nothing.

I have had similar problems (esp. with Mozilla, OpenOffice, and
KOrganzier). It almost seems that some programs maintain their own
clipboards??? One tool that really helps this situation is 'klipper'
(part of KDE tools?) It sits in your 'system tray' and by clicking on
the icon, you get a list of the last 10 or so items that have been
cut/copied. By clicking on one of these items, you can choose what to
paste next, and this seems to facilitate copy-and-paste between these
odd programs (dunno why).

--ronan