[SLUG] networking question

From: A2L1 (ulmerton@tampadsl.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 00:09:53 EDT

I have a linux box --PIII-1000, 380 meg ram, SuSE 9.1 running
nice, connected to the net by wireless PCI ( D-Link) and all
is well. I would like to know if I can configure the onboard
ethernet port to act as source to my D-Link wired router and
provide net access to the other puters in the room,
hardwired?
I want to use the router because I figure I wont have to add
nic's to the box just connect the onboard to the router. Is
this poor thinking on my part or is it absolutely possible
without any major drawbacks?
Can I just activate the onboard in the bios and fire up a dhcp
server and set the onboard?
I ask because networking and me --we just dont get along well
at all
Thanks,
A J

--
Feel safe and confident,there were no M$ products used in the