Re: [SLUG] networking question

From: Rob Roberson (rob@bluedragonstudio.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 05:55:16 EDT

A2L1 wrote:

>I would like to know if I can configure the onboard
>ethernet port to act as source to my D-Link wired router and
>provide net access to the other puters in the room,
>hardwired?

AJ -

This should work as expected. I used a dlink WAP as an access point but
not a router behind my linux firewall. I put the firewall and all the
hardwired pc's "behind" the WAP (on the LAN side, nothing on the WAN
side of the wireless.) This made all of the wireless clients and all of
the wired clients be on one subnet behind my linux router. I continued
to use my dhcp server from the inside of my network, but at this point
you should be able to use either your linux dhcp server or the one
inside the WAP.

Enjoy!

~Rob