{SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Computer Users Group?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 07:49:57 EDT

>>>Hmm, 2600. There's a meetup group for that, and it would
>>>appear they have meetups in Tampa. Going to a meeting like
>>>that sounds like an excellent way to be put on an FBI watch list,
>>>though.

I've been to a number of 2600 meetings, although not here and not
lately. Generally met interesting, intelligent people.

In fact, at one point I was going to write a story about 2600 meetings,
but journalistic fabricator Stephen Glass had just written one about a
"secret hacker's club" that met in the food court of a Montgomery County
(Maryland; just outside of DC) shopping mall, and no editor would touch
my *true* story after that.

The real 2600 people were lots wittier and more fun than Glass's made-up
ones, BTW.

- Robin