Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} The spam tag

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 23:59:02 EDT

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:45:25PM -0400, Robert Snyder wrote:

> all my mails get the spam tag in the subject. First I thought it was
> the whole threaded message thing. But is this verizon doing.?
>
> I wonder if this message will get the spam tag.... I did go to file
> write new message so it should not get a spam tag because of the of a
> threaded message issue.

You've already heard the explanation about this. Ian and I had a
discussion about this tonight. There are a couple of possible solutions,
but I'm not sure in which direction we'll go. Probably the first option
will be to have the SLUG membership list serve as a whitelist for NKS's
spamassassin. The way things are architected, this is not necessarily a
simple or great solution, but it is obvious. The ideal solution would be
to have the mailing lists operate from the same domain as the website--
suncoastlug.org. However, that means more work and some additional
headaches.

Paul