[SLUG] Clustering

From: dhenao@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 12:56:05 EDT

Hi,

Long time since I wrote down an email here. How is everybody doing.? I have a quick question for you. I am not really familiarized with a server environment, but I would like to get some input on how you will resolve this issue. I have two cobalt 550. They are redhat systems basically... They are exactly the same machines (hardware and software. I want to create a cluster between them, but I am also considering the fact that if my ISP goes down, no matter if I have a cluster, all my web sites will be down too. Therefore, I have one connection from Bright House and another from Verizon. Is there any possible way to have this two servers as a cluster.? I did some research on LVS, but I am still concern about how the DNS tables will be updated when the first server goes down and the second comes up with a different ip.

Some questions:

1. Both connections and servers are in the same location.
2. Will dns update the tables knowing that the main server has a different ip.?
3. Will all the services based on DNS as mail and web be running in the new machine with the ip numbers incorrectly.?
4. How big ISPs have 0 down.? Do they have different internet providers.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DIego