[SLUG] {SPAM?} Useful Diagnostic Scripts and software.

From: Travis R. Birt (travis@databasepro.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 19:00:42 EDT

  Hi all!
I am looking for any useful Diagnostic script or programs for
Linux. Hardware diagnostics, log readers, Hardware monitors,
Package versioning tools or whatever that you all might use or
know about that might not be common knowledge to people newer
to Linux. If you use a tool like this every day, and do not think it
is common knowledge, please give me a name, what it is you use it
for, and maybe a link where to get it? I am trying to put a list
together to go through and try out, and give them as links on
my website. I will gladly give credit to whoever gives me the link.
I have noticed recently that even the most experienced people
often do things completely different ways, so as a newbie, people
may miss the easiest or best way of doing some common tasks
simply because the friend or book you learned from did not happen
to mention it. Thanks in advance!
Travis