Re: [SLUG] Comcast to block port 25

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 10:51:16 EDT

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:34:38 -0400, Larry Brown
<larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com> wrote:

> And slowly, inch by inch, the freedoms deminish... Why stop at 25?

Yes but you forget that the Comcast Net block has some of the worst
spammers and zombie machine( machines that are infected with a mailer
worm) out there ....

I am not a fan of comcast.... Actually I hate comcast living guts to
the point of if I saw some one working for comcast and tried pushing
there half assed service on me I would punch them in the face. But I
do appuald them for starting to finally take action about these
spammers and zombie machines. I mean running a mail server off
Comcast residential services is kinda point less with the fact that it
uses DHCP.( it made more sense when comcast gave out static ips) And
if some one wants to run a mail server like that they can call comcrap
and order there business package. Personally I think all ISPs should
block port 25 except on business accoutns or residential accounts with
Static ips. I just dont see the need to run a mail server any more
when there is so many great free email and free email server a website
host would provide. I seen website hosting as low at 4.99 a month
with 50 email accounts with 100 meg storage on each account pop3/smtp
. But maybe it me but finally comcast is doing the right thing and
dont need to hear how our freedoms are deminished. Internet service
is not a Freedom it is a service that you pay for and you are at the
will of the ISP.....