Re: [SLUG] Comcast to block port 25

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 01:02:01 EDT

Levi Bard wrote:

> I run my mail server from my dynamic ip. And I'm not a spam zombie.
> The thing is, selectively blocking port 25 is censorship of service, the
> same way it would be if an ISP decided to screen all traffic from
> suncoastlug.org. Or all traffic from registered porn domains (like
> suncoastlug.org...). Or traffic on the ports used by a popular network
> fps game.

While I agree that it is better to have the freedom to run things the way you like, Comcast's network belongs to Comcast and they have a right to block whatever they like, so long as said blockage doesn't constitute fraudulent practice in some way.

I'm still waiting for universal wireless 'net access. Wooga.