RE: [SLUG] exchange server functionality for Linux

From: Stephen Ames (sames@managedwebservices.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 20:17:21 EDT

This is something that I spend plenty of time looking at. Right now I have
seen three serious contenders:

Samsung Contact (formerly HP OpenMail)
Suse OpenExchange
Stalker Communigate Pro

All run the information store on Linux and have MAPI connectors to talk with
Outlook. All also support SMTP, IMAP, etc. I have personally tried the
first two and both are good but not great. I have not tried Stalker
Communigate yet. I would be interested to hear what others think about
these packages. Please note that just because you can install and run the
mail package, that doesn't mean that you have a fully functioning mail
system. You will need to engineer antivirus, antispam, backup, etc. etc.

I am interested in working together with others on the list to explore this
concept because I feel that there is a great need for a non M$ groupware
mail system.

If you (or anybody else) would care to take a few minutes to discuss this in
detail, please feel free to call.

Steve Ames
Office 813-298-0213
Cell 813-927-4322