Re: [SLUG] Ian Blenke gave a great talk

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 19:37:38 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Steimle" <asteimle@washpat.com>
To: <slug@nks.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 17:03
Subject: [SLUG] Ian Blenke gave a great talk

> at the ITEC conference in tampa.
>
> Hopefully he will post his notes somewhere ( hint, hint).
>
> Maybe we could start posting documents like this somewhere on the
slug
> website when a member of slug does a presentation and has slides and
> such (hint, hint Paul).

I could post my wardriving assignment for my last class at
HCC, (net sec) done a couple months ago. DOC and PPT.
The prof said to use netstumbler. I used kismet
from the knoppix STD CD. Highest grade in the class.

I would have liked to have heard the open source talks. They
were part of the paid sequence ($195 for a single day)
and that was a bit pricey for those of us who are self funded.

Sorry there was no open-source booth. I thought the
whole show was less well attended and boothed, than
I would have liked to have seen, unfortunately.
I was there Tuesday. I did see the "ethical hacking" pitch.