Re: [SLUG] Ian Blenke gave a great talk

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:42:26 EDT

Robert Foxworth wrote:

> [...]
They teach network security as a class now? Wow. Where were these
classes when I was going to school? ;)

>Sorry there was no open-source booth. I thought the
>whole show was less well attended and boothed, than
>I would have liked to have seen, unfortunately.
>I was there Tuesday. I did see the "ethical hacking" pitch.

I hate to say this, but ITEC was tiny this year. I wouldn't have paid
to go either - they invited me to give a presentation.

I've uploaded the presentation to my website, free for download by all.
Eventually, ITEC promises to post the PPT on their site, though I hear
they take their own sweet time:

Powerpoint

http://ian.blenke.com/media/presentations/itec/ITEC_Spring_2004_-_Linux_in_a_Windows_world.ppt
OpenOffice.org

http://ian.blenke.com/media/presentations/itec/ITEC_Spring_2004_-_Linux_in_a_Windows_world.sxd
Staroffice

http://ian.blenke.com/media/presentations/itec/ITEC_Spring_2004_-_Linux_in_a_Windows_world.sdd

And, yes, I plugged the SLUG list, so we may have some new visitors soon ;)

 - Ian