Re: [SLUG] Wierd Aggravating Printing Problem

From: Richard S. Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 02:08:26 EDT

Bob Stia wrote:

>Hello Slugggers,
>
>Hope you are all having a better day than I am.
>
>Running SuSE 8.2, KDE 3.2.3.Epson Color Stylus 600 and lpr. Couple of
>days ago Printed a spreadsheet in Open Office.
>
>Need help. Where are these files queued so that I can just delete it,
>or how do I kill a job that refuses to be killed? Would be nice to go
>in and just stop a job that has gone crazy on you right away. Doesn't
>seem possible to do that.
>
>Bob S.
>
>PS Not the first time this has happened.

Similar situation. May be able to help a little.
Same SUSE 8.2 KDE with Epson 660. I was trying to print an Image
for the first time in GIMP and found I was getting garbage until I told
GIMP what kind of printer I was using. See if you need to set up you
printer
in open office.
Additionally I was trying to print part of a PDF in Ghostview and
started it
printing a 32 page document I didn't want to print all of.
I can get the job to show in the KDE print manager, But even as root it
it says I don't have access When I try to delete job 8.

                 Richard Smoot