[SLUG] Slackware 10 RC2 No More Xfree Now Xorg

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 06:41:43 EDT

Ok other than when I went to install slack 10rc2 it had no mention
that it had made the switch. As in RC1 Pat still had Xfree in there.
While it not a real big deal... it through me for a loop when i went
to type in xf86config to run the text based setup that i have
memorized what keys i need to press to setup x on slack. I could even
do it blind folded i know them so well by heart. Any way for anyone
who goes to install this I figure I would just make mention of it.
Also if you happen to be use to xf86config program they renamed it
xorgconfig

Also so far Pat words are that Slack 10 will ship with 2.4 kernel by
defualt but 2.6 will be an option