Re: [SLUG] Virtual Folder

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 10:50:37 EDT

On Wed June 23 2004 4:30 pm, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> If you really want to link a dir, use this:
> mount --bind olddir newdir

mount --bind does the trick and is, in fact exactly what I was looking for.
What amazes me about linux is you think you have a handle on the basics and
then you find out about incredibly useful switches and commands that are
never mentioned in any beginner books. sux - is another command that I find
very useful and took me 3 years to learn about, after learning all that
tedious xhost stuff. Anyway, when I was playing around with everyone's
suggestions (while I was supposed to be working hard on something else), I
accidentally created a directory (using lndir) that recursively links to a
directory it is within. duh! Anway, I can't delete the recursively link
directory becaus eit has contents (which are really just the link). I tried
rm -d, as root but that didn't work. Probably because my distro doesn't
support unlinking non-empty directories. Is there a way to delete this
recursively linked directory? Thanks in advance!

--
Eric Jahn