Re: [SLUG] Questions about the mechanics of the list

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 10:10:57 EDT

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:36, Anthony Harper wrote:
> First, what does the listserver run on? What program specifically runs it?

Not sure....ask Ian or Paul or wait for their reply....

> Also, I always sort mail by date and time, and already I've received a
> few replies claiming to have originated before the initial post. Can
> anyone clue me in on that?

One of the most common things is if your system time is off or the
person who wrote the message has a misguided clock this will happen. I
just recently dealt with this. check into "ntp" and derivatives of it
like "ntpdate" for keeping proper time.

Mike Branda