[SLUG] Big screen laptop?

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 09:26:16 EDT

I'm in the market for a laptop with a large screen (17"). Definitely the
portable-desktop variety, not the ultra-portable type.

I've looked at the Toshibas which I can't stand because they have a sharp
front edge that digs into my wrist (what were they thinking?!) The only other
alternative seems to be the HP Pavillions which seem to have a not-so-good
reputation.

Does anyone out there have a large screen laptop they like -- and which runs
Linux with decent support for the graphics chipset, wireless networking, and
other built-in hardware?

-- Mark Polhamus