Re: [SLUG] 64bit Linux

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 13:56:26 EDT

>This was my first experience with any flavor of Fedora. Simply put, I
>was not impressed. Seemed buggy and a good portion of the apps were
>still 32bit which meant the OS was overburdened with redundant libraries
>both 64bit and 32bit.

I agree fully with this assessment.

BTW, debian pure64 is ready now. It has something like 97.39% of the
packages that are in the i386 tree (most of the ones it doesn't have are
hardware-specific in some way.). Making it the second largest
architecture, by number of packages, to which Debian has been ported.