Re: [SLUG] Big screen laptop?

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 13:59:35 EDT

Syd Alsobrook wrote:
> I have been running a Dell c840 for almost 2 years. 15" LCD at 1600x1200 and
> everything works great. P4 2Ghz 1G ram.

My current laptop that I've been using since 1999 is a Dell 7500 -- Pentum III
500 Mhz 512Mb (maxed). It needs more CPU and memory for my needs now (doing
Java development). Works well with RedHat 7.3 and VMware. Lucent winmodem
(linmodem) works fine. I haven't messed with suspend/resume or other laptop
specific features. Of course there is no builtin wireless.

It also has a 15" screen (1024x768), so that's not big for me! Perhaps the
better resolution would help, but mostly I am looking for more screen area. I
like having everything in one package and available when I travel even if it
is heavy.

-- Mark