Re: [SLUG] WMV & Linux

From: themadtux (themadtux@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 00:03:36 EDT

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 16:40, Eric Jahn wrote:
> No, I just run apt on my Debian box.  I use Suse so I'm not tempted to
> fiddle with it and break it, because it's my fiance's box and I don't want
> her to kill me dead.  If I were to put Debian on her 64 bit machine, I
> would be incapable of restraining myself from rendering the system
> inoperable and thereby lose data.  She calls my Debian box "The
> Frankenbox".  I'll get Quicktime/wmv/and all that other plugin
> compatibility when crossover office comes out in 64 bit, which I'm hoping
> comes out soon.

I tried installing Debian on my VMware system at work, what a pain in the arse
and I never got it running. I just downloaded the base CD like 31mb bottable
ISO and tried installing it.. X would not run. DO they have 64bit ISO's on
DVD? The only reason I ask is that I hate having to burn 5 CD's and would
rather consolidate to 1 DVD.

-Jason