Re: [SLUG] Sarge install -- was WMV & Linux

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 19:24:04 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 04:42:45AM -0400, Chad Perrin wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>I'm just going to play around with this one for a while. In the interest of
>>helping me do so, I was wondering if anyone on the list would suggest
>>something
>>I should install and test. Don't try to get me to break the OS, mind you --
>>just give me some ideas for stuff to try out.
>>

> If you _really_ want to stress apt-get, try installing gnucash. Aside
> from things like X, gnucash probably has more dependencies than any
> other package anywhere.

Hmm. I might have to take a whack at that at some point when I feel the urge to
learn a whole new class of application under Linux. Actually, I might just
install that later today anyway.

Update on circumstances: I installed on this machine without a sound card in
it. I have since then shut it down (ooh, me blaspheme) to put an Ensoniq sound
card into it. Is there any way to get it supporting sound now without
reinstalling or recompiling the kernel?