Re: [SLUG] Big screen laptop?

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 17:00:39 EDT

Felix Boecker wrote:
> first off, you don't have to be stuck with a one-button mouse on Macs
> ... you can always attach a full-featured USB mouse :)

The one-button mouse has always been one of my major issues with Mac
architecture, but at least it's easily overcome.

> now, it has come to my attention that some software exists to have Linux
> and Windows run simultaneously, similarly to the mac and linux described
> earlier, just on the PC platform. Does anyone know what this software
> might be? Apparently it starts with a 'T' :D

I don't think I've heard of one starting with a T, but you can look up something
called "coLinux" for details on one way to run Linux and Windows side-by-side
rather than as a dual-boot. I think there have been a couple of other projects
along those lines, but if I'm not mistaken this is the only really functional
open-source take on the idea.