Re: [SLUG] Postfix SNAFU

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 09:49:04 EDT

>They're at it again! Grrrr. I hate spam! >:(
>
>I checked the mynetworks line and it had my local subnet and the 127.0.0.1/8
>entry. I took out the local subnet and left the 127.0.0.1/8 entry. The
>spam is coming from the outside and they are putting
>nobody@web1.managedwebservices.com in the To line, and somepoordudes@aol.com
>;) in the CC and BCC lines. I have told it not to accept more than 5
>recipients, but that only keeps it from getting ridiculous. I really would
>like to configure it to not accept or relay mail from anybody and only send
>mail from itself (web contact forms, etc).
>
>Here is a section from the main.cf that appears to be talking about just
>such an idea, but I'm not too sure on how to proceed:

Again, I'd set mynetworks to 127.0.0.1/32 , so you're ONLY accepting
mail from 127.0.0.1 , not 127.*.*.*

Also, have you set your firewall to check for spoofed IPs? E.g. someone
on your external interface claiming to be 127.0.0.1 ?

Try sending mail through it from somewhere else on your lan - does it work?