RE: [SLUG] Using old ethernet wiring?

From: Ben Drawbaugh (bdraw@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 17:55:12 EDT

You might consider purchasing a Linksys WRT54G. It is sold as a AP, but has
many more uses when utilizing 3rd party firmware. Since the WRT54G is linux
based, Cisco has in good fashion GPL'ed the code and is readily available.
As a result the 3rd party Firmware is much better than Official firmware. I
originally discovered it when I wanted to be able to run QOS on my router to
improve the quality for my Vonage VoIP but in the process learned that it
can do a lot more, like run ssh, telnet, cron and many other *inx apps. As
well as work as a bride. All this fro $65 shipped w/ Tax from a
pricewatch.com online retailer. (I bought mine from z-buy.com)The WRT54GS
also works, which is basicly the same except it support SuperG 106Mbps.
The firmware can be downloaded from
http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/index.php

Ben