Re: [SLUG] traffic monitoring question

From: Matt Miller (Matthew.Miller@wellcare.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 15:57:34 EDT

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:33, Michael Manchester wrote:
<snip>
> Can someone give me some ideas on software that will
> do this for me? antg does just what I want but not for
> the whole network.

I am particularly fond of 'cacti' which is built on rrdtool. It does
periodic snmp-gets to your network devices and builds configurable
graphs. Some basic knowledge of configuring snmp is necessary.
It has user management functions as well which is nice if you want to
control who views what or who can add or remove devices, etc.

Here is the link:
http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti/

Matt