Re: [SLUG] OT: 2-30Mb fiber from Verizon

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 18:08:24 EDT

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 05:05:46PM -0400, Chad Perrin wrote:

<snip>

> Alas, I live in NPR (the town, not the radio station).

Me too, and I gotta say that while I suppose 2 billion gigabytes per
second download speed might be nice, I really don't have a problem with
my "slow" DSL. If I were playing Unreal Tournament over the internet, I
guess it would be different.

Do you suppose they'll keep the copper, or route regular phone traffic
over their fiber? That would require a fiber-to-copper junction at the
box on the side of the house, plus some other electronics.

Paul