Re: [SLUG] samba and xp app

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 21:58:32 EDT

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 14:25, Chad Perrin wrote:

> Let me know how that comes out. In the meantime, I'll poke around through my
> notes and references and see if anything jumps out at me as a possible cause of
> your particular problem.
>

> > IF THEY WOULD JUST STICK TO A SOLID OS....
>
> Heh heh. They gave up on DOS a long time ago. 3.11 is the last Windows that
> handled anything like a steady networking load (for its time) without constant
> issues.

OK, I am going to have to be ending the thread. I successfully demonstrated the
current problem while the data files were on a Micro$_it machine! So the problem
is definately with the XP box. I'm going to lay this in the hands of the app
developers since they "support M$". If they only had a clue...

 [/8-)-|-<

Larry

PS Thanks for the help, and thanks to everyone else for putting up with
the thread. The only reason I brought it here is my initial assumption
was the failure was getting XP to talk to Samba and Samba to listen.
Turns out the XP box is a mute...