[SLUG] wireless network

From: A2L1 (ulmerton@tampadsl.net)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 22:53:19 EDT

I am looking for someone in the New Port Richey area to give
me some help with this weird network I am trying to set up. I
have a wireless router/firewall and am getting a wireless
signal but not at very good signal strength. I bouthy a range
expander but that only seems to be of use to the windows box,
although the mac can see it.
What I would like to do is optimize the signal reception for
the linux box and set it as a dhcp server for hardwired in
the back room. I just am having no luck in getting this
setup. I thought it was going to be relatively easy but its
not, at least for me.
I dont really expect anyone to give up their time so I would
be willing to part with some paper stuff(pictures of dead
presidents, numbers in the corners, that sort of thing) as
long as I have an idea upfront .
I looked through the "for hire help" on the SLUG page but
there are no specific rates or even ballpark numbers posted
there so other than emailing everyone on that list I figured
this might be better. I know there are people willing to help
that arent on that list.
So anyone willing to help an idiot?? I imagine it would be
best to contact me directly to keep this off list.
use either
mr.a2l1@gmail.com
or
ulmerton@tampadsl.net

thanks,

A J

A J

--
Feel safe and confident,there were no M$ products used in the