[SLUG] networking

From: A2L1 (ulmerton@tampadsl.net)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 15:18:26 EDT

Hello,
Things were progressing nicely, got the antenna up and signal
strenght is up on the wireless and that is all working well.
The problem I am having is getting SuSE 9.1 pro to act as a
dhcp server. I installed and initiated both dhcp and dns
servers and they are up and running according to yast. I
connected a cable to the onboard nic ( which is designated as
eth0 by the bo and the other end to a D-Link router/firewall.
The D-Link shows a Wlan signal and when I connect a caple to
it and to the mac it also shows a connection. The mac shows
an Ip and subnet but cant connect to the net. i cannot ping
the linux box from the mac. I can access the D-Link from the
mac and access all the settings(they all seem right---dhcp).
I am assuming that the SuSE box is not sending a dhcp to the
D-Link and I dont know what to do next. Has anyone set a SuSe
9.1 pro box as a dhcp server and would it be possible to get
a copy of the /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd. I assume that is what
needs modifying?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
A J

--
Feel safe and confident,there were no M$ products used in the