Re: [SLUG] I told them . . .

From: VSW (vsw@vswsystems.com)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 16:07:12 EDT

Hehehe,,,,,

Sorry, didn't mean to fuel a MS bashing session here. Quite the contrary. I do love linux, but I also enjoy WinXP, OS X... still miss BeOS and OS\2, hahaha. :) I firmly believe in the right tool for the job. I spend most of my time in linux, but (as I am now) when I'm working on video creation and a few other media oriented things, I'm on my XP system. I've not had many problems with XP, the only ones I experience in work are those with people running their windows systems without proper user controls in place...kinda like if everyone ran as root.

As you say though, on my XP system where possible I run the same applications as I do on linux if ports are available, and in all I don't have any problems to speak of. At work, I'm directly responsible for about 50 servers, and assist with another 100 on the west coast. A combination of Slackware, RedHat and Gentoo systems mainly. Am I updating and patching frequently to stay on top of exploits...you betcha.

vsw