Re: [SLUG] I told them . . .

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 00:51:33 EDT

Ken Elliott wrote:

> The Mac OS was one of the
> most secure OS around, despite it being a closed source. Once they went to
> BSD-based OS, they've started to have more exploits.

Too bad it was like having a really secure lead balloon. It was interesting to
look at, when it worked, but otherwise less than stellar. OS X is a major leap
forward, in terms of utility, scalability, applicability, competitiveness, and
stability. I really wouldn't know about older MacOS security, because I never
had any reason to pay attention to it. The most secure vault in the world is
useless if all it contains is costume jewelry.

--
Chad Perrin (apotheon .com .net .org)
http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/sig-block.html