Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 21:51:26 EDT

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:08:10 -0700, Robin "Roblimo" Miller
<robin@roblimo.com> wrote:
> Tevfik Yucek wrote:
>
> >How many USF students are in this list? If we start a linux users
> >group at USF, we can schedule rooms easily. We need around 10
> >students I belive and I can get at least 5 members from my friends.
> >

> That's how the "Baltimore LUG" effectively became the UMBC LUG -
> University of Maryland Baltimore County loved "student groups" that
> "Reached out to the community" and even funded them from student
> activity funds as long as the pres and sec'y were students.
>
> Excellent place for meetings -- convenient suburban location.
>
> Find the same here!
>
> - Robin

Funny, I spoke to a few faculty members about just such a group early
last semester, and at least one of them was interested in functioning
in the faculty advisor role. I have a list of about 10-13 people +
email addresses that would consistently show up. Several of them are
interested in some more advanced projects too.

I have most of the paperwork and a preliminary constitution if you'd
be interested in working with me as this semester gets started at
getting one of these started and on the books, I'm sure that we could
work with the community in getting a New Tampa/USF area meeting
location that will work well with SLUG.

Email me if you're interested.

 Tyler